Big Data- Center of Excellence
Kyyba submitted a proposal on a stand-alone Big Data- Center of Excellence, within its existing corporate organization, to enable enhanced decision making, insight discovery and process optimization. This will require the MAP team to use resources and knowledge in the areas of business, mathematics, analytics, statistics, strategy, market and organizational planning. With this proposal Kyyba was able to successfully secure their second MAP project team, the Big Data-Center of Excellence project, which is where this story begins.
The MAP team’s goal was to create awareness of the growing demand for Big Data advancement opportunities, identify what verticals are hot in staffing trends in the marketplace, identify possible project submissions leading to concept in various Big Data offerings, and implement a projected timeline to meet these target needs in the future. The company would like to identify qualities for the Big Data- Center of Excellence and to have a sustainable high level strategy in place that can be seen through from Kyyba and its Big Data team.
Meet Our Team of Students:
- Review the existing company’s Big Data objectives, profile of requirements to be identified, the actions and their results.
- Run a competitive benchmarking analysis of the Big Data security services and solutions market in the US.
- Develop a two year strategic plan to position Kyyba as a Big Data security services and solutions provider for Kyyba’s existing customers, which can then be adapted to other geographic regions.
- Develop a plan to establish a Big Data Center of Excellence at Kyyba in order to foster innovation as well as attract, create, and develop talent.
- Provide objectives and attributes for the establishment of the Incubator / Knowledge Lab as part of the Big Data Center of Excellence at Kyyba.
The final stage of the project was a trip to Tamil Nadu, India for the team to visit Kyyba's locations in Trichy and Chennai. The team explored India where they got to understand the true culture of Kyyba. This adventure allowed for the team to participate in a once in a lifetime experience.
Thorough research, data collection, information-gathering, and interviewing took place to ensure a quality project execution that met Kyyba's requirements and provided multiple invaluable tools that will be used for many years while Kyyba continues to grow and expand their inorganic business. Kyyba sponsoring a UofM MAP project was not only useful and knowledgeable for the students, it was also a great decision for Kyyba that resulted in a successful project completion to assist with their company goals.